Pages

Drea's World

Welcome to what goes on in my mind. Some days it will be nothing, other days it may be too much. But here is where I choose to unload. Feel free to visit often.

About Me

My photo
What can I say. I sing with a band, mostly R&B, Pop, etc. I am an avid book reader, mostly fictional (gotta get away sometimes). I am a mother of two and believe it or not a "grandmother". I am still rolling my eyes at my son for that one. I am a very straight-forward person. I am no sugar-coater so if you don't want to hear what I really think, please don't ask me!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gonna win this race!

Happy Thursday! There is snow on the ground, it's cold and well, it's cold.

 

Just wanted to backtrack and update anyone who might be reading on what's going on in my world. Exciting stuff!!! I still have not had any news on my musical endeavors and I might just let that go because it is a battle that isn't being won. But, I am moving forward with - moving. Yes, I will finally begin my homebuying process (again). This is not my first time buying a home but I lost my last home in a very ugly divorce. So...this is like a whole new beginning for me, literally.

 

I changed my last name back to my maiden name. That process is almost complete. You have no idea how many things you have to change until you start changing them. Good grief. But it is almost done.

 

I went to a homebuyer workshop last night (even though I have owned 3 homes in the past) and I did get some helpful information. I am excited about this. I absolutely hate renting and the price I have to pay to rent a place that is up to my standards is like paying a mortgage. So, why not reap the benefits, the tax write offs and the ownership rights, right?

 

I am finding that my timetable will be tight to find something and get out of my lease in a timely fashion. But, my Type A/OCD personality will get it done. I will attend one more workshop and then I will begin my physical search of homes in March. Oh, did I tell you? I already began my internet searches last year. I don't play. I have been cyber stalking a few homes to keep up with price drops and any listings that come on the market that match my criteria.

 

My plan is to have at least 3 bedrooms and at least 2.5 baths; 2 car garage; upgraded kitchen with stainless steel appliances, finished lower level, master bath with seperate shower, walk-in closet, hardwood floors and laundry room. These are my must haves. I would love a fireplace and a deck but I won't pass up a house if it does not have those items. A nice-sized pantry would be nice also.

 

I am playing around with the prices depending on how much I want to put down. I will keep you posted on what I find and my feedback once I start physically looking at the homes.

 

Wish me luck!

No comments: