Welcome to what goes on in my mind. Some days it will be nothing, other days it may be too much. But here is where I choose to unload. Feel free to visit often.
- What can I say. I sing with a band, mostly R&B, Pop, etc. I am an avid book reader, mostly fictional (gotta get away sometimes). I am a mother of two and believe it or not a "grandmother". I am still rolling my eyes at my son for that one. I am a very straight-forward person. I am no sugar-coater so if you don't want to hear what I really think, please don't ask me!
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Well, I managed to recover from the boys over the weekend. They are wonderful but they require more energy than I have to give so no more extended visits for them. I recognize what I can and cannot handle. We hung out with a friend and went to some bounce type facility and the kids had a ball and we enjoyed watching them and chatting it up. But boy was I glad when they were picked up. I needed my life to go back to normal - quiet!
Thursday, February 16, 2012
I am babysitting my grandkids this weekend while their parents enjoy a 4 day weekend in Deep Creek. I am sure I will need a vacation when it's over. They are 5 and 1 and the 1 year old thinks he is 5, also. They are very busy kids and I am too old for all of that energy! So, we will be dancing, singing, watching movies, eating snacks and whatever else I can think of. All fun stuff! That's what grandmothers do, right?
Hey All, I am trying not to let too much time pass between posting. Anyhow, I have been pretty busy. My dad passed after a long fight with kidney failure and dialysis. There is a long story behind my relationship or lack thereof with him but we won't get into that (maybe another post). Anyhow, it has been very interesting watching how folk act when people pass. You learn alot about people you can count on and those you cannot. My daughter and I have had yet another one or our teenager issues. You know, where the teenager forgets that she is still a child and you are the parent that not only gave her life but made sure it was abundant. Yeah...well the sheriff (that's me) done laid down some rules in writing to be followed until she leaves for college. Some of which will be extended to her college years, too. That's if she wants me to pay her tuition. I have been applying for jobs left and right. I need a change. I thank God everyday that I have a job but I also pray for something more fulfilling. It's coming.... I celebrated Valentine's day this year. I know that sounds like nothing to report but this may be the first Valentine's Day in years that I was excited about and really looked forward to and it was e.v.e.r.y single thing I thought it would be and more. Thanks Babe! So, my daughter brought home a bunch of papers from school detailing al that is going to happen between now and graduation. Wow, it's alot. I will have to out all of this on my phone calendar to keep up. It's exciting to me, her meh. Teenagers!
Monday, February 06, 2012
Today has been just one of those days for me. I don't know what it is but I have been feeling just blah all day. Not in the mood to do much of anything. Not really feeling bad but not feeling good either. I definitely feel like something is just not right and I think I am having a day where I feel like I am not where I want to be. I wish I could have a do over. Like a total do over!!!
Wednesday, February 01, 2012
1. iPhone, crackberry, or droid? Crackberry but I have my eye on the iPhone. 2. In your Lifetime original movie, who would play you? I would love for it to be Angela Bassett. 3. When deciding what’s for dinner–if you were on death row (jail, not the record company), what would your last meal be? I probably couldn't eat. Who has an appetite when they know they are about to die? 4. Under what circumstances, if any, would you be a guest on the Maury show? Under no circumstances would I be a guest on the Maury show. 5. What’s your favorite movie? Meet Joe Black 6. How did you decide to live where you live right now? It was a decision based on convenience at a time when not so good things were happening in my life. 7. If you were a celebrity, what would you be famous for? My voice - singing. 8. Will you miss the Twinkie? Uh, no. 9. What’s on your nightstand? A lamp. Cordless phone. A cup with a bunch of ink pens. A few papers that need to be put away. A coaster. Okay, too much stuff! 10. How old were you when you got your driver’s license, and how many tries did it take you to pass the road test? I was 15 and 9 months (which was the rule back then). I passed the first time. 11. Are your ears pierced? If they are, did you get them done when you were little, or when you were older? My ears are pierced and have been since I was a baby. I had my second holes done when I was a teenager and have sinced allowed them to close.
1. I love to sing, it's my true love.
2. I love to read.
3. I love my two grandsons, they make me happy and tired.
4. I am so proud and excited that my daughter was accepted into the college of her choice.
5. I am anxious about the college expenses I will incur for the next four years.
6. I love to plant flowers.
7. I have an addiction to shoes.
8. I buy way too many underwear.
9. I want a new/better job (but I am thankful for the one I have).
10. I am hoping to bring an audience back to my blog.
11. I don't think anyone will read this.